Those of you in the New York area are doubtlessly familiar with "Mike'd Up," NBC's 11:30 PM sports wrapup show featuring the sartorial stylings of Mike Francesa. There's no better way to put a week to bed, or to guarantee a nightmare, than with the gargantuan fan of Diet Coke and breath mints opining about all the sports news of our times. This past Sunday, however, Mikey took a vacation day and Bruce Beck sat in for a interview with Starbury. It was a thing of surrealistic beauty. Some highlights:
- Steph predicting he'll average 10 points to go with 12 or 13 dimes and two or three assists. He didn't elaborate on the differences.
- His relationship with Isiah Thomas is beautiful because Isiah's a man's man who has seen the light. Make of that whatever you will.
- He plays to win but not for the trophy you get when you win. That's just shiny stuff.
- "My better half. My better ho. My wife."
- The incestual ramblings about his sister. It's not easy to go from homosexual innuendo about your coach to feeling your sister's body and soul but that's why he's Starbury.
That just scrapes the surface and doesn't cover Bruce Beck's danceout to commercial. It's a good thing channel 4 doesn't drug-test. Well worth 10 minutes of your time.
(Video found by Slam Online and the world's a better place for their sleuthiness.)